Summer Legal Institute
The Summer Legal Institute curriculum and interactive, exciting and FUN activities are to designed to motivate, inspire and encourage students on a path towards academic and personal success for now and in the future.
Focused on the legal profession, the program is structured to convince young people that...
- This profession is attainable
- Assist them in the college admissions process
- That goal setting and preparation is critical
JTBF Scholars also take away life skills...
- Mock trial participation provides students with public speaking experience not only with peers but in front of an actual judge or attorney as well.
- Lessons in basic legal research provide the student with a familiarity and comfort certain to be applicable and helpful for personal, academic and professional success.
- Professionalism sessions teach them etiquette and keys to successfully selling ones self.
At the end of the day, the SLI endeavors to give the students the resources and confidence to pursue a post-secondary education and beyond.
|Summer Legal Institute Goals:
||Summer Legal Institute Activities Include:
| • Expose students to the practice of law
|| • Visit federal court and meet with judges
| • Inspire participation in the legal profession
|| • Moot court and oral argument participation
| • Prepare students for success
|| • Analytical and critical thinking exercises
| • Introduce basic legal concepts and reasoning
|| • Panel discussions with judges and attorneys
| • Introduce and apply high level negotiations skills
|| • College admissions/financial aid information
Just The Beginning Foundation works with partner law firms, corporations, grantmaking foundations, and individuals to provide the Summer Legal Institutes at no cost to students.
To discuss sponsorship opportunities, please contact Mark Dinglasan,
JTBF Director of Development & Marketing at 312-258-4574, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.